Saturday, August 13, 2016

PROLEGOMENON


.NET NETWORKING

The .NET Framework is invading the world of software development and it's coming  and spreading very fast,  Waging it's high performance development tools and armed with loads of support  and  goodies  and it's  now reaching most of developers today, .NET framework is a very essential tool additional to a developer's toolbox.

What's  really  my  area  of  interest  from  the  .NET  frameworks  are  it's network programming  features,  it  has  helped me a lot to solved many of  my  networking  problems (socket)  by  using  C#  and  it's  socket  functionality particularly the Berkely raw Socket, UdpClient, TcpClient and TcpListener.

Since the .NET Framework  Socket classes are built on top of  Winsock 2.0, there's no  need  or  reason  for  me  to find a non managed or a third party native network library and try to work on it. The high performance socket API of the .NET Framework can handle most of  sending and receiving task for handling
data across the wire whether it's a LAN base or over the internet, and there's a new always added features to the Socket class in the .NET Framework  on every .NET releases, which enables much greater throughput than previous versions with every new programming API.


PROJECT OBJECTIVES

The  aim  of  this  project is to create a socket peers communication network library  that can be applicable  both for  transaction  application and at the same time served  as a network engine for games, local area or over the internet,  handling  data  messages  through socket peers only without using ODBC/
OLEDB/ ADO/ ADO.NET  and  not directly connected to any heavy weight databases.

Once the data is fetch and arrives to host or at the endpoint that is the time I will  save the  data  locally to any type of storage I wanted to use,  whether  save  it  to a databases  such as  mySQL,  MS SQL  Server  or  just  save  it  to  a  flat  file  such XML/JSON or Access/FoxPro and of course to my own under development Managed Dbf (Database file),  which I think is much more secure and fast  than let the user directly connect to the database itself remotely, .although I  know  this  approach  is  not  suited for other  kinds  of transaction base application,  but  for  anything  lite and  simple where performance  is needed like games for instance, I believe working directly with sockets will do the job right.


DISCLAIMER

Since I’m  still heavily working on this technology there will be a stiff  learning curve and heavy research for this project, and I don’t guarantee that everything I will  mentioned and posted down from here is technically accurate and correct, what I have here is based on my research, interpretation and understanding to the Socket networking subject and should not be consider as facts or best approach, so better take my posts with a grain of salt and BTW English is not my first language.


NOTE

Blog contents related to it's development may be modified from time to time to comply with library's latest revision and for future referencing. 


There you go my first post, so hello reader!




#.NET #CSharp #GameNetwork #Socket #NetworkLibrary

No comments:

Post a Comment